Mid-America Mensa is hosting a Regional Gathering for Mensa members and their families in Kansas City from February 4-6, 2022, and you’re invited! We are closing in on our final speaker list. Check out these presenters:
- Jim Lammers, keynote speaker, will present on his work with the hit television series ARCHER on FX, and other animation related topics
- Becky Ray, author of Kansas City Hauntings: History and Mystery of the Paris of the Plains, a guide for Kansas City hauntings and an investigator of the unknown for over 35 years – ghosts and other paranormal stuff
- Diane Peterson, Johnson County Coroner and Chief Medical Examiner – what do they do and what have they seen?
- Ray Doswell, Vice President of Curatorial Services at Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
- Rita Thurman, Pixie Smash Forge bladesmith and artist, Past Champion on History Channel’s Forged in Fire
- Matt Henry, Society for Creative Anachronism – making what’s old new again
- Tim Bodendistel, Master Designer, Hallmark Cards Inc., on inspiration and following your talents plus sharing some unique projects
In the games room we will host several tournaments (Scrabble, Ticket to Ride, Mexican Train Dominoes, Poker, etc.).
In the Hospitality suites (one family friendly, one adult only) we will have lots of great snacks and drinks, as well as a soup contest on Saturday NOON — so be sure to bring your crockpot and ingredients if you want to compete for the prize! Please email us at: [email protected], so we will know you’re planning to participate in the soup contest with your crockpot and we will have enough space for everyone.
We will have a beer tasting Friday evening in the adult suite and a wine tasting Saturday evening in the adult suite (donations to the Mid-America Mensa Scholarship fund appreciated for each). After the keynote we will also have ballroom dance lessons in the Lenexa Ballroom. Late at night in the adult suite we will have a Shibari demonstration.
Want something more different? We will have a puzzle scavenger hunt around the hotel for prizes, as well as a social mixer hunt to help make new friends.
Be sure to sign up before January 7, 2022, to get the early bird discount of $75, or $90 after (processing fee applies if paying online). Visit www.mamensa.org/cabin-fever-4-0 to sign up now! A link to the hotel reservation page is also in that link.
NOTE: We will follow the CDC guidelines for indoor masking when not eating and drinking. Participants who optionally present proof of vaccination will be given a vaccinated sticker for their name tag.
Still have questions? Please send them to: [email protected].